Gallatin Valley MABL COVID-19 Update
Gallatin Valley MABL COVID-19 Update:
Throughout the last couple of months, the Board and Coaches have been in contact as we wait to see what happens with lifting restrictions due to COVID-19. While everyone’s #1 priority is to do everything within our ability to play baseball this season, we also want to protect our players and families during this time.
Governor Bullock yesterday released communication for a phased rollout of returning Montana back to normal from the Stay-at-home orders. After a discussion with the board and coaches, it was determined that we will not be able to get back to baseball until restrictions have been lifted for large gatherings. The current guidelines indicated that this will not occur until after phase 3 of reopening. Based on our best guess at this moment in time, a June start date is a best-case scenario. This means that our original plans for playing games during May have been suspended. The board and coaches will continue to plan for this, and while we can’t commit to a firm start date, we are still trying to be proactive for when that time comes.
We will continue to monitor the directives of our State and Local agencies and will provide additional communication as to the start of our season as more details are released.
To view, the latest state directives go to https://www.docdroid.net/vUBkcst/04-22-20-directive-and-appx-reopening-phase-one-pdf#page=4
We hope all our players and families are staying safe during this time and look forward to the day where we can return to the diamond.