2017 Schedule Feedback Request
With the addition of a 6th team, the league is put into a position we need to evaluate how to schedule the additional number of games for the upcoming season. 2 options are up for consideration and we are looking towards the players in the league to help with deciding which option to go with. Based off of the feedback from this survey the board will make a decision for the upcoming year. The differences between each format are listed below, with links to what each format could look like. There are several factors that go into determining the schedules that could impact either format. Please review each schedule and provide your feedback for which one you would prefer.
FEEDBACK FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/swJ3Vc19kRdVDJyV2
17 Game Season:
- Better chance of reserving field locations
- More night games at Heroes (Because of decreased cost for umpires)
- Rainouts will be able to be reschedule virtually any Saturday throughout the Summer.
- Less # of game commitment per week. (At most 2 games a week. 1 weekend game/1 week night game)
- More off days for pitchers
- Gives team’s a better chance at spreading pitching and have a arms available for relief
- Won’t play every team the same number of games.
– Structure will be previous season rankings 1st, 2nd, 3rd will play each other 4 times, and 4th, 5th 6th will play each other 4 times.
- Reduces the total number of games for the regular season.
17 Game Season Example:
(*Note, “Team 1” in this scenario would be Livingston and the Saturday Games would be in Livingston.)
20 Game Season:
- Final rankings will be even (every team plays each other the same amount of games).
- Reserved Days for makeup games
- MORE BASEBALL
- Additional Team Fee costs to cover additional games.
*BOTH SCHEDULES ARE EXAMPLES OF WHAT THE SCHEDULE COULD LOOK LIKE, AND DATES WILL DEPEND BASED ON FIELD AVAILABILITY. THE ACTUAL SCHEDULE WILL BECOME AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.